Haben: Changes

As you can see there have not been updated photos placed on my flickr. My focus for this project has shifted to the major performance piece. Soon I will be able to post images of my performance costume and its movement(i.e. in rehearsal). My original plan to paint a canvas series has changed due to my Trinidad experience. I have met several artists that have shown me the strength of live performance. Visual arts have always been a part of my life but only recently have I truly paid attention to my growth as a singer. I want to share this with the Alice Yard community.

Part of my motivation is the youth. I want Alice Yard to become a space for young people as well. My generational lyrics, as well as Mother Mas are meant to be heard by all, not only the artistically inclined folk. Hopefully we can incorporate young people on performance night. Keep posted for pictures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment